Alive with Colour!
- Using pastels, paints, pencils, charcoal and ink.
- Drying flowers, designing food, wearable art and disco lights.
- Earth colours, rainbow colours, black and white, and shades of grey.
- Batik, tie-dye, screen-print, fabric paint and face paint.
- Colour on our bodies and in our hair, on canvas or on china, on a wall or in food.
- Chakras, mandalas, henna and totems.
- Brushes and sprays, blobs and stamps, fingers and sponges, rollers and hands.
About Living Colour
This program provides resources, idea prompts, activities, specialised equipment and staff training. It ensures that children have fun with visual arts, multi-culturalism, decoration and design.
We gratefully dedicate Living Colour to the memory and gift of the life of Jabiru’s friend and former member, Sue-Anne Shepard. As a teacher and school principal she was a passionate life-long educator and lover of children and a trusted and valued mentor to other educators. As a human she was a loyal, funny and loving friend. The vibrancy of her life is with us as an inspiration every day.
What We Do!
Bringing colourful fun and creativity to each Jabiru community! Living Colour is colourful games, activities, thinking, spaces, skills, and expression. These all enrich children’s lives; bringing joy, comfort, purpose, peace and well-being.