Food At Jabiru
Jabiru is well known for great food. Preparing and sharing food together gives our groups great opportunities for learning new skills, understanding the environment and connecting with each other, with families and with farmers.
At each of our services, we prepare fresh, healthy food that complies with guidelines including PANOSH, Smart Choices, Australian Dietary Guidelines and Queensland Health advice on food safety.
What We Serve
At Jabiru we provide the following for before-school and after-school care.
- Breakfast at before-school care.
- Afternoon tea straight after school at after-school care.
- Late snack around 5pm to tide children over till dinner at after-school care.
Healthy and Delicious
We pride ourselves on providing food that is:
- Tasty and substantial, so children have the energy to learn and don’t go home hungry and crabby.
- Healthy and safe, in keeping with government guidelines.
- Tailored to children’s special needs.
- Interactive and educational, with children involved in preparing, serving and learning about food.
- Responsive to parent’s and children’s suggestions.
- Communal, as we celebrate good food and share meals together.
Each service has a water filter to encourage children to drink lots of water.
Please tell our staff about your child’s food preferences, intolerances and allergies.