Young People and Families
Jabiru’s Youth Support Service helps young people experiencing vulnerabilities to live their best lives.
The service is funded by the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women to deliver access and support services to young people with multiple and complex needs to receive effective, coordinated and holistic responses through case management.
Supporting Young People
We work with young people living in North Brisbane who are at risk of:
- Disconnecting from their family/community or support networks
- Disengaging from school, training and/or employment
- Harm, including self-harm.
School-based Social Workers
We can provide complex case management, group work, advocacy, research and policy, professional development and critical incident support.
- Improved mental-health outcomes
- Stabilised and supported home environment
- Improved access to specialist support services
- Increased capacity for the wider school community to support young people experiencing complex vulnerabilities
Youth Support Coordinator Program
Our Youth Support Coordinator Program provides support in South East Queensland schools focusing on:
- Supporting retention and attainment of young people in years 10 to 12 who have disengaged or who are at risk of disengaging from education
- Social and emotional support
- Providing an additional adult role model in the school
- Enhancing engagement with the broader community including parents
Targeted Group Program
We will specifically tailor a program to your community. Program topics could include mental health, independent living skills, sleep hygiene, employment, budgeting, community safety and time management.
- Improved capacity for young people to make informed decisions, both within and outside the school community
- Improved protective behaviours and resilience.