Terms & Conditions
Jabiru Community Services OSHC Customer Survey April 2023
- The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- a) “Closing Date” means 23:59 (AEST) Friday 5 May 2023.
- b) “Commencement Date” means 18:00 (AEST) hrs on Friday 14 April 2023.
- c) “Determination Date” means 12:00 (AEST) hrs on Thursday 11 May 2023.
- d) “Entrant” means a person who enters the Promotion.
- e) “Prize” means the major prize offered in the Promotion.
- f) “Prize Winner” means the Entrant who wins the Prize.
- g) “Prize” means a prize offered in the Promotion.
- h) “Promoter” means Jabiru Community Services, Community Annex, 77 Bracken St, Bracken Ridge 4017. ABN 79 178 789 935.
- i) “Promotion” means this competition.
- j) “Promotion Period” means the period between the Commencement Date and the Closing Date.
- k) “Supplier” means the supplier of the Prize. Jabiru Community Services ABN 79 178 789 935.
- l) “Website” means the Jabiru Community Services website, located at jabiru.org.au.
- n) “Winner” means an Entrant who wins the Prize.
- o) “Unclaimed Prize Determination Date” means 19 May 2023.
- p) “Entry Questionnaire” means the Parent and Carer questionnaire required to be completed in order to participate in the promotion.
- All times and dates are times and dates in Queensland, QLD, which is AEST. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock. 00:00hrs is the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day. All monetary values are AUD.
- The Promotion is conducted by the Promoter.
- The Promotion is a game chance and determination of the Winner is on a random basis and independently monitored.
- Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By entering the
Promotion, Entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Promotion and to take the awarded Prize if they are the Winner.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- This Promotion may be advertised via various advertising mediums.
- An Entrant is eligible to win the Prize if they:
- a) Are a permanent resident of Australia; and
- b) Have a child enrolled in a Jabiru Community Services programme or service.; and
- c) Are over the age of 18; and are not:
- d) Employees of:
- The Promoter;
- Any corporations or agencies related to the entities in paragraphs (i) above; or
- e) a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by marriage or adoption) of a person who is an employee of any of the entities listed in paragraph (d) above.
- Entry to the Promotion commences on the Commencement Date and closes on the Closing Date.
10.To enter the Promotion, an Entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
- a) Have a child enrolled in a service or programme run or promoted by Jabiru Community Services;
- b) Complete the Entry Questionnaire; and
- c) Complete all of the required data entry fields in the Entry Questionnaire.
- An Entrant’s entry must not be:
- a) late;
- b) delayed;
- c) incomplete;
- d) incomprehensible;
- e) unlawful;
- f) obscene;
- g) defamatory;
- h) libellous;
- i) threatening;
- j) pornographic;
- k) harassing;
- l) hateful;
- m) racially or ethnically offensive;
- n) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
- o) capable of violating any law; and/or
- p) capable of giving rise to civil liability.
- Entry to the Promotion is limited to one (1) entry per person.
- Sixteen (16) Prizes are available to be awarded over the entire Promotion Period.
- Entrants must ensure that their entry is received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any services or equipment.
- Entrants can only make their entries via the entry portal by scanning the QR code on the website or promotional flyers.
- Should an Entrant’s contact details change at any time between the dates on which they enter the Promotion and the Unclaimed Prize Determination Date, that Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
- All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An Entrant must, within seven (7) days of being asked, at the Promoter’s cost:
- a) Allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter the Promotion, including but not limited to evidence of age and residence and/or identity.
- The Promoter may decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. In the event that the Winner cannot provide suitable proof of eligibility, that Winner will forfeit their Prize in whole and no substitute or compensation will be offered.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
- a) fails to establish their entitlement to win the Promotion to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or
- b) fails to produce items as required by Condition 17 or produces items that appear to be illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
- c) appears, to the Promoter, to have tampered with, or benefited from tampering with, the entry process; or
- d) has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- There will be sixteen (16) Prize Winner’s determined from all entries received during the Promotion Period.
- The Winner will be determined on the Determination Date by the Promoter. The Winner will be the Entrant who, is independently drawn at random from the total Entrants using a random selector ap.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the Determination Date. The promoter will take no responsibility if the winner's contact details are incorrect or incomplete and the winner cannot be contacted.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Promotion, if a Prize is:
- a) not claimed by the Winner by 17:00hrs on the Unclaimed Prize Determination Date; or
- b) forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to determine a new Winner at 9:00hrs (AEST) on Tuesday 23 May 2023 in the same manner the initial Winner was determined, subject to any applicable law. The new Winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days.
26) The winners will be published on Jabiru Community Services website: www.jabiru.org.au on Thursday 25 May 2023 for four (4) weeks.
- The total Prize pool value is $3,200 of 16 X $200 BP FUEL Gift Cards.
- a) This is non-cash and will be redeemed as BP FUEL Gift Cards.
- b) This cannot be refunded and or exchanged and cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
- c) Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- If the Determination Date or Unclaimed Prize Determination Date is a public holiday, the determination will be conducted on the following business day.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person’s named in the winning entry only.
- The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time, subject to any direction given under state permit regulations.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the relevant parties will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or personal injury suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, that caused by any person’s negligence) by any Entrant in connection with the Promotion or the Prize, including:
- a) any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
- b) any loss arising from the negligence of a relevant party; and
- c) any liability for personal injury or death.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or take any other action, including to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not responsible for:
- a) any problems or technical malfunction with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
- b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused either by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the Promotion; or
- c) any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft; or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or Entrants’ details.
- Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland. The Promoter and all Entrants irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
- These rules are Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire Terms and Conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion and cannot be altered, modified, or amended.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter and may be used to improve the services provided by the Promoter to its present and future customer. Winner may also be displayed on the promoter’s Instagram page, or any other social media platform and in any digital communications.
- Any provision of the terms and condition of this Promotion, which is deemed to be unenforceable is, where possible, to be severed to the extent necessary to make the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion enforceable, unless this would materially change the intended effect of the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion.